My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Wisdom is a person -Prob 8

pr8:34"Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, waiting at my doorposts." Wisdom is a person, He has a personality, He's a spirit, spirit of wisdom. I don't know if this is right, correct me if you don't agree: it's like a person can have lots of demons, demon of alcohoh, demon of lust, demon of smoking, demon of anger, jealousy, hatred.... each demon has it's personality. Holy Spirit can be many as well, a spirit of dancing, a spirit of worship, a spirit of wisdom, spirit of songwriting, spirit of teaching....each spirit has a personality and character. We invite another person into our lives. For example, we first start out having one cigarette, thinking that it's not gonna cause any harm, just for fun, then the next time it's easier to take another one, gradually the demon of smoking found a place to stay, and all this person wants is smoking, it's like we're living with another person within ourselves, and this person gets stronger and stronger each time we give in to smoking, and in the end it gets very hard to get rid of the habit, because it's hard to get rid of the demon that wants smoking all the time. Is it the same way with spirit of wisdom? We yield it one time and invite Him to come in to our lives, then the next time we might find it a bit easier to listen to Him, and He gained His place stronger and stronger in us, gradually He lives in us, and He becomes a personality within us? The difference is the Holy spirit is a gentleman, He won't come in by forcing our will, but the demons will take any chance he can to squeeze in. It stuck to me while I read this proverb chapter, how many times it mentions "I" or "me", "her"...? just a thought.