My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Thursday, October 21, 2004

He leads me beside quiet waters -psalm 23

Psalm 23:1, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Do we want anything other than what the Lord wants for us? Do we have time to "lie down in green pastures"? Or does He really has to "make me"? "He leads me beside quiet waters."(v2) Quiet Waters!! This is the place He's leading me. Am I there? If we want the Lord to lead us in our life, but we're not at the place where He tells he'll give us his leadings, then where are we going? All the promises of the following verses comes from the result of the first 2 verses. But if we want something other than what the Lord wants, or if we are not beside quiet waters, lying down in green pastures, we'll miss the whole scene.
Sometimes life can get busy. Our mind can easily get contaminated with the wantings, we can just get so caught up with things and drift away from the things the Lord wants for us. When life gets busy, we so easily brush our devotion time away with so many excuses. But without a good time with the Lord, our life will not have it's leader, and without the proper leading, life gets messy!
So, however busy our life gets, we've got to remember, "He leads me beside quiet waters." Never do life without guidance and instructions from the quiet waters, the place you fellowship with the Lord alone.