My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Friday, October 29, 2004

Cuddle session -- Psalm 31

When a child trips over something and falls down, he may burst out screaming and be in great distress. To him it's almost too much to bear and it feels to him the end of the earth. All he wants to do is cry out loud, and search for a loving cuddle. When he finds his mom or dad, he'll have a good cry, but in his mom/dad's laps he'll feel comforted, and he'll feel alright again, then he'll be ok to go on with his playing.

Ps 31 feels to me like a moment of these: v9 "Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress."V7 "I will rejoice and be glad in Your lovingkindness..."v21"Blessed be the Lord, For He has made marvelous His lovingkindness to me in a besieged city."v22 "Nevertheless you heard the voice of my supplications when I cried to You."

Sometimes in life we have these trip down moments. It feels to us like the end of the calling or journey, we're in distress and we just want to cry. We can't think of the callings any more... But to God, this is simply a cuddle session...