My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Monday, October 25, 2004

Faith and fear -- Mark 5, Psalm 27

Faith touches God. Wherever there's true faith, Jesus is moved and supernatural power is released.

Whenever faith is needed, very likely fear is around as well. If there's no adversity, we probably wouldn't need faith,either. Adversity really works to push faith to a higher ground. If we're desperately in need of a supernatural miracle, we'll have a good chance of finding the true faith.

Fear is the biggest enemy of faith. It seeks every opportunity to crush faith down. It can come from our past experiences, circumstances, common sense, other people's opinions and judgements, even Jesus' disciples attitute, the way we look at ourselves...

If we allow fear to speak to our mind, it will take it's place and stay. If we allow fear to stay, faith loses its ground.

Faith is really a choice. We choose to believe no matter what. We refuse to listen to fear. We shut down every doorway to fear. We turn the voices of fear down every time it tries to speak up. It's a constant choice, a constant battle.

Adversities is like a storm. We can choose fear and run away like the chickens, or, we can choose faith and to ride on the storm like an eagle and allow it to push us onto a higher level.

Ps27"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?.....Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.....And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;....I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."