My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Friday, October 22, 2004

"because you have followed the Lord my God fully" --Joshua 14

God had promised the Israelites the promised land. Of all that generation when God had spoken to them, only Joshua and Caleb entered in and possessed the land. All the other perished on the way.
Why? Caleb's words today put it in a nutshell: "v7 ...when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me...to spy out the land, and I brought word back to him as it was in my heart. v8 Nevertheless my brethren who went up with me made the heart of the people melt with fear; but I followed the Lord my God fully. v9So Moses swore on that day, saying, surely the land on which your foot has trodden will be an inheritance to you and to your children forever, because you have followed the Lord my God fully."

A lot of people receive God's promises through prophetic words, inner knowing, dreams,etc. The promises are real, they're from God. But only a few can really actually enter in and take full possession of those promises. Why? Do you bring the word back as it is or is your heart melt with fear? Do you want to follow the Lord fully? God is faithful. But are we faithful in following the Lord fully? Are we going to allow our hearts to be melted by fear or trust God fully and allow God to work wonders and miracles in seemly impossible situations? The promised land is really a result of our own choice.