My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pharisee's mindset -Mark 8

Mark8:1-13
When I close my eyes, I can feel God's calling in me to step out in faith, give him what I have and see Him do miracles, but I can also hear the pharisee in me began to argue, seeking yet another sign to prove it's Him. There's always this battle going on within me. It seems that this pharisee's mindset is the biggest enemy of faith.

V14-21
When there's a shortage of bread, it's easy to try to find some leaven to blow it up instead of trusting Jesus to multiply the bread.
When we're in need, we tend to seek answers from men first instead of asking and trusting God to meet that need. We always try to do it our own ways instead of yielding to His ways.

V27-38
The revelation of who Jesus is and the relationship coming out of that revelation(Follow Me) will totally change our lives.



I was reading Reihard Bonnke's book "Even greater".
Here's a quote from the book (P55): "Somehow, I believe this transition between obeying earthly authority and obeying God's authority is an essential test for those who serve Him."

If we have been Christians for a while, then we're somehow trained to be Pharisees. We're taught to obey the laws. There's nothing wrong with that. Just like kids, they need a lot of rules and boundaries. But there's a time that we're not babies anymore, we're not kids any more, but mature adults in faith. And this is the time the test comes to set us free from the mindset of Pharisees.