My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tamar -Genesis 38

Judah married Canaanite, but God obviously wasn't impressed with his decisison and in a way He dismissed the marriages of the children.
I don't know where Tamar came from, I can't find proof who her fathers were. But she almost went through a faith journey like Abraham did.
Interesting that whenever the children of Abraham and Israel failed in their faith walk and almost got themselves perished, God would always raise someone else and cause them to walk a faith journey(vision-desert/waiting-trial...)and brought fresh blood back into the bloodline family.
Tamar,Joseph, Moses ...
The recording of Tamar was very brief, compared to Abraham, Joseph and Moses' stories, but I can see that she had extraordinary faith.
She also reminds me of Matt15:21-28