My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Weaned child -Psalm 131

Psalm 131:2 Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.

Ever had the experience of weaning a child? My third child has just been weaned not long ago, so the struggle is still there sometimes.

This reminds me of myself, still so many times like an unweaned child, crying out to God,"feed me feed me feed me!" When I'm in stress, tired, when I feel down, I'm crazy for God's words and touch, but I just feel the Lord speaking to me now, "What if I don't give you a word? Would you still settle down peacefully and quietly, knowing I will meet your need? Can you trust me even when there's nothing? no milk? No encouragement, no words, no prophesies, no signs and wonders, can you still rest in peace and trust me?"

So, when there's nothing from God, no milk from mommy, that doesn't mean that God has forgotten about me, that He's not faithful, or He has changed His mind....No.... it just means that it's time for me to grow up.