My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Rehab: Is lying ok? - Joshua 2

Nobody can stand before God and say he's sinless. Man sees the surface, but God sees the heart. My daughter gave me a card today, it's not a bought card with flash printings, just a plain white paper, but I can see she's spent quite a bit of effort trying to make it look nice. She cut the edges in a wave like shape and colored along, and she drew some pictures with pretty colors. Nobody told her to do so. In the card she wrote,"Dear Mummy: I love you. You are my sunshine. I know a song. It goes like this. Its your birthday, Its your birthday and we want to say, many happy, many happy returns of the day. Happy happy birthday birthday birthday happy happy birthday Our best wishes. Your my second best friend. love Ellie" (First best friend is Jesus)Well, this card to anyone else has no market value, it's just a piece of junk that goes straight to the bin. But to me, I know this is her best gift to me, she has tried the best she could to make me happy, and I treasure it. Maybe that's how God sees Rehab? Yes, she lied. But for a sinner, this is the best that she knew how to give to God, and it's from her heart. Her best gift looks like a little child's messy artwork. But to a loving Father, that piece of messy artwork is not a piece of rubbish, but a precious gift that He will not condemn.