My other blog: What a beautiful day!

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Pray to know His will - Colossians 1

I decide to use NASB version. Verse 9: "...pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding," What the Word spoke to me most this morning is to know His Will, and pray for others to know His will. If we know His will not only in big directions, but also in daily everyday life, at work, with friends, raising children... we learn to listen to the little promptings in our spirits as what we should do, who we should talk to...Our lives will be different. I think a lot of energy are missing, wasted and misused simply because we don't know or are not sure what God's will is. And His will is rooted in His Word. If we know His will, we'll do life with a different passion, strength and result, "like a tree, yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

Updates from the next day:
I was just talking here yesterday morning about pray to know the will of God, then yesterday afternoon there raised a pressing issue to me that I really needed and wanted to know the will of God, basically I need to make a big decision and take actions today to two choices that are going definately different directions. This morning I woke up still feeing very disturbed, then I reminded myself of the verse I read yesterday, to pray to know the will of God, so I prayed and asked God to reveal His will clearly to me this morning when I go to Hillsong women. And the speaker went up, the first thing she said was, I felt the spirit of the Lord is saying to some of you this morning....., and tears just flowed into my eyes, it was exactly a word that I needed to hear. And now I know what His will for me in this situation is. Sooo, pray to know His will.... it actually works.